A complete review of the offer,to maximize pay and benefits, consistent with the lifestyle you are trying to achieve.
- Thorough written review of the offer language by Dennis Hursh, an experienced physicians’ contract lawyer who wrote the book on physician employment contract negotiation
- Detailed recommendations for language changes
- Comparison of the compensation proposal against MGMA benchmarks
- Analysis of the restrictive covenant, to make sure you can stay in town if you leave this position (if applicable)
- Review of the call coverage requirements, including suggestions for additional payments when the call coverage exceeds benchmarks (if applicable)
- Analysis of the malpractice insurance provisions (if applicable)
- If you are joining a private practice, we analyze the time until ownership, the buy-in calculation methodology, and assurances about your rights as an owner – and suggest changes where appropriate to protect you, if included in the offer
- Discussion of other issues, including patient contact hour requirements, and concerns about starting work when scheduled, if included in the offer
- You will receive the offer review and compensation analysis within one week of sending us the offer
After you receive our offer review letter, you will have the opportunity to discuss it with Dennis, to make sure all of your concerns were met, and to correct any factual inaccuracies. These discussions, and revisions of the letter following these discussions, are included in the initial fixed fee.