Be the first to know what’s happening at Physician Agreements Health Law and stay up-to-date on our most recent announcements.
You can find articles about Dennis Hursh and Physician Agreements Health Law on this page and even more in the News Archives.
Are you looking for a media outlet to do an interview? Contact us – we’re always happy to answer questions.
For Media Inquiries, contact us below.
What's going on... | Most recent publications
- Medscape Psychiatrist Malpractice 2021
- Medscape Orthopedist Malpractice 2021
- Medscape Oncologist Malpractice 2021
- Medscape Surgeon Malpractice 2021
- Medscape Ob/Gyn Malpractice 2021
- Hoping for a Higher Salary or More Perks? Here’s the Best Way to Ask
- What You Absolutely Need to Know About Tail Coverage
- Hidden Dangers in Your Employment Contract
- Never Face a Medical Board Investigation Alone
- Treating the “Patient from Hell”
- How to Negotiate the Best Raise Possible
- 10 Potential Time Bombs in Your Employment Contract
- Is Your Bonus Attainable or Just a Tease?
- Are Hospitals Evil? A Physician Contract Lawyer Explains
- The Great Resignation is a great opportunity to renegotiate physician employment contracts [PODCAST]
- The Great Resignation is a great opportunity to renegotiate physician employment agreements
- Military physicians leaving the military
- Special contractual issues for female physicians
- Physician contract horror stories
- Things to know before signing an academic physician employment agreement
- New employment contracts: What physicians need to know about compensation and benefits
- Hospitalsplaining: a lawyer’s perspective on condescension in the medical field
- The dos and don’ts of physician employment contracts: Understanding the role of letters of intent in negotiations
- A tiny step to reduce physician burnout
- What happens if I don’t give the notice required under my physician employment agreement?
- Locum tenens agreements for physicians
- Not all physicians are nice
- Digging in to Employment Contracts in MD News Minnesota
- Lawyering Up: Why an Attorney Should Eye that Employment Contract
- If physicians ask these five questions in their employment agreements, they are likely to be much happier in their new position
- How value-based medicine can impact physician recruitment – Summer/Fall 2016
- What to look for in a new contract
- Contracts can limit doctors’ mobility, availability
- Why Your Doctor Left Town In A Huff
- Contract Negotiation: Don’t Be a Deer Staring in the Headlights
- Go Beastmode and Be Marshawn Lynch: A Rant On Contract Negotiations for Physicians
Healthcare Provider Articles
Articles on Physicians News Digest
- Employee policy and procedure manuals
- Your first employment contract
- Negotiating a managed care contract
- Fraud and abuse issues for ambulatory surgery
- Hiring a physician assistant in Pa.
- Peer review committee member protections
- Hiring a certified registered nurse practitioner
- A primer on “silent PPOs”
- Considerations when becoming a partner
- Are independent practice associations still viable?
- Choosing your medical practice entity
- Organized medical event discussions
Additional Articles & Resources
- How “Defensive Medicine” Compromises Doctor-Patient Relationships & Care
- Should You Put Your Health In The Hands Of An Unhappy Doctor?
- The White Coat Investor – The Final Hurdle: A Review
- Confidentiality: Not Just About HIPAA
- Hidden Traps in Call Coverage Arrangements
- How to Navigate Restrictive Covenants
- ‘Thou Shalt Not Steal:’ Understanding Nonsolicitation Covenants
- The Affordable Care Act’s Next Step
- The Affordable Care Act and Retina: What does Obamacare mean for retinal physicians?
Are you a reporter looking for physician employment information? Are you covering a story about current trends in health care providers? We frequently hear from reporters who are doing research for stories and are happy to help.
Background For Press
Physician Agreements Health Laws is located in Middletown, Pennsylvania. Established in 1992 by Dennis Hursh, Esq., works exclusively with doctors and physicians to help them secure a fair and reasonable employment agreement and contracts.
Dennis is a frequent lecturer to residency and fellowship programs, and has spoken at events sponsored by the White Coat Investor, American Health Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Medical Society, the Hershey Medical Center, Pinnacle Health System, Geisinger Health System, the Pennsylvania Society of Cardiology, the WellSpan Health System, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and the American Podiatry Association.
Hursh has reviewed thousands of physician contracts and dedicated his life’s work to helping doctors like the ones that helped save his daughter’s life. He even wrote the book, The Final Hurdle – A Physician’s Guide to Negotiating a Fair Employment Agreement to share his 30+ years of experience with residents, fellows, and even experienced physicians.