Book on Physician Employment Agreements
Introduction - The Final Hurdle: A Physician’s Guide to Negotiating a Fair Employment Agreement
If you’re not informed, you can be leaving thousands of dollars on the table in benefits and other compensation. Moreover, the lack of knowledge on physician employment agreements can also have you falling into common traps.
Let’s face it, physician employment agreements are not written to protect and benefit the physician; they are written to protect the interests of the employer.
The Final Hurdle: A Physician’s Guide to Negotiating a Fair Employment Agreement is the definitive book on physician employment agreements!
This book on physician employment agreements will:
Inform you on what benefits are being offered to other physicians you may not be aware of.
Show you the common traps to avoid.
Give you the ammunition to negotiate a winning contract.
Order your copy of The Final Hurdle: A Physician’s Guide to Negotiating a Fair Employment Agreement and get the contract you deserve and want, TODAY!
This book on physician employment agreements will teach you the following:
- Dangers of physician productivity compensation
- Common physician incentive compensation formulas – what needs to be included
- Physician Benefits to look out for in addition to compensation
- Physician disability provisions in employment agreements – How to determine if you are “disabled,” and why the physician’s employer should NOT be able to make this determination
- What the physician’s employer can and can’t negotiate as far as benefits
- Stark law traps in physician employment contracts, and how to avoid them
- What’s really important in physician covenants not to compete, and what isn’t worth negotiating over
- Minimizing the impact of a physician restrictive covenant
- How you can be released from a physician restrictive covenant
- Negotiation strategies in buy-outs of restrictive covenants for physicians
- Physician call coverage requirements – the physician call coverage language you must have
- Patient contact hour expectations
- What flexibility a physician’s employer will demand
- Issues with hospital and managed care credentialing, and how to work around them
- For cause termination of a physician employment agreement
- “Without cause” termination in physician employment agreements
- Medical record provisions in physician employment agreements
- Assignment of location of service of physicians
- Budgetary weasel language to avoid in physician employment agreements
- Malpractice issues in common provisions found in physician employment contracts
- Malpractice insurance in physician employment agreements – the types of coverage, and the significance when you leave
- Need for “tail coverage” in your physician employment contract
- How to minimize the devastating cost of “tail coverage”
- Physician employment agreements with a private practice
- Time to ownership in the medical practice
- Concerns with “guaranteed” ownership of a medical practice
- Methodologies for determining the buy-in price of physician practices, and the pros and cons of each
- Why a cheap buy-in to the medical practice may not be in your best interest
- What provisions are absolutely vital in regard to future ownership of a physician practice
has served as a physician agreements health lawyer for over 30 years. A former contributing editor to Physicians News Digest, Dennis has authored several published articles on physician contractual matters in addition to his book on physician employment agreements – The Final Hurdle.
Dennis is a frequent lecturer to residency and fellowship programs, and has spoken at events sponsored by the White Coat Investor, American Health Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Medical Society, the Hershey Medical Center, Pinnacle Health System, Geisinger Health System, the Pennsylvania Society of Cardiology, the WellSpan Health System, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and the American Podiatry Association.