Your book will ship once the conference is over. If you have any questions about your contract that you would like to discuss with Dennis, feel free to schedule a free consultation with him.
- Dangers of productivity compensation for physicians
- Common physician incentive compensation formulas – what needs to be included
- Benefits to look out for in addition to physician compensation
- How to determine if you are “disabled,” and how the physician’s employer should NOT be able to make this determination
- What the physician’s employer can, and can’t negotiate as far as benefits
- Stark law traps in physician employment contracts, and how to avoid them
- What’s really important in physician restrictive covenants, and what isn’t worth negotiating over
- Minimizing the impact of a physician restrictive covenant
- How you can be released from a physician restrictive covenant
- Negotiation strategies in buy-outs of restrictive covenants for physicians
- The physician call coverage language you must have.
- Physician patient contact hours expectations
- What flexibility a physician’s employer will demand
- Issues with hospital and managed care credentialing, and how to work around them
- Grounds for termination of physician employment contracts
- “Without cause” termination issues in physician employment agreements
- Medical record issues in physician employment contracts
- Assignment of location of service of physicians
- Budgetary weasel language to avoid in physician employment agreements
- Malpractice issues in common provisions found in physician employment contracts
- The types of coverage, and the significance when you leave
- Need for “tail coverage” in your physician employment contract
- How to minimize the devastating cost of “tail coverage”
- Time to ownership in the medical practice
- Concerns with “guaranteed” ownership of a medical practice
- Costs of the buy-in to a medical practice
- Methodologies for determining the buy-in price of physician practices, and the pros and cons of each
- Why a cheap buy-in to the medical practice may not be in your best interest
- What provisions are absolutely vital in regard to future ownership of a physician practice
Dennis has served as a physicians’ contract lawyer in Pennsylvania for 35 years. A former contributing editor to Physicians News Digest, Dennis has authored several published articles on physician contractual matters.
Dennis is a frequent lecturer to residency and fellowship programs, and has spoken at events sponsored by the White Coat Investor, the American Health Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Medical Society, the Hershey Medical Center, UPMC/Pinnacle Health System, Geisinger Health System, the Pennsylvania Society of Cardiology, the WellSpan Health System, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and the American Podiatry Association.