Our proprietary system of physician employment contract review, compensation analysis, and negotiation gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your contract gives you a fair deal and protects you as much as possible, with no hidden surprises:
- Thorough written review of the contract language (including any letters of intent or term sheets) by Dennis Hursh, an experienced physicians’ contract lawyer who wrote the book on physician employment contract negotiation
- Detailed recommendations for language changes
- Comparison of the compensation proposal against MGMA benchmarks
- Discussion of the benefits offered, including what benefits other physicians have received that are not contained in the offer
- Analysis of the restrictive covenant, to make sure you can stay in town if you leave this position
- Review of the call coverage requirements, including suggestions for additional payments when the call coverage exceeds benchmarks
- Analysis of the malpractice insurance provisions – the wrong language can cost you as much as four months’ pay if you leave
- If you are joining a private practice, I analyze the time until ownership, the buy-in calculation methodology, and assurances about your rights as an owner – and suggest changes where appropriate to protect you
- Discussion of other issues, including patient contact hour requirements, and concerns about starting work when scheduled
- You will receive the contractual review and compensation analysis within 3 business days of sending me your agreement
- Once we’ve received the employer’s comments, unlimited negotiations until we feel we have the best deal obtainable
After you receive my physician contract review letter, you will have the opportunity to discuss it with Dennis, to make sure all of your concerns were met, and to correct any factual inaccuracies, or to point out things that were verbally promised but didn’t make it into the physician employment agreement. These discussions, and revisions of the letter following these discussions, are included in the initial fixed fee.
In addition, I will work with the employer’s lawyer until we have obtained the best deal possible. Using me to negotiate your employment agreement lets you leverage my experience, and can avoid potential friction between you and your future employer.