I help physicians who are confused by their contracts with my physician contract review and compensation analysis, so they can get a fair deal.
My proprietary Physician Prosperity Program® physician contract review and compensation analysis gives you everything you need to maximize pay and benefits, consistent with the lifestyle you are trying to achieve. You also have the peace of mind of knowing that your contract protects you as much as possible, with no hidden surprises:
- Thorough written review of the contract language (including any letters of intent or term sheets) by Dennis Hursh, an experienced physicians’ contract lawyer who wrote the book on physician employment contract negotiation
- The physician contract review and compensation analysis will have detailed recommendations for language changes
- Comparison of the compensation proposal against MGMA benchmarks
- Discussion of the benefits offered, including what benefits other physicians have received that are not contained in the offer
- Analysis of the restrictive covenant, to make sure you can stay in town if you leave this position
- Review of the call coverage requirements, including suggestions for additional payments when the call coverage exceeds benchmarks
- Analysis of the malpractice insurance provisions – the wrong language can cost you as much as four months’ pay if you leave
- If you are joining a private practice, we analyze the time until ownership, the buy-in calculation methodology, and assurances about your rights as an owner – and suggest changes where appropriate to protect you
- The physician contract review and analysis will also discuss other issues, including patient contact hour requirements, and concerns about starting work when scheduled
- You will receive the physician contract review and compensation analysis within a week of sending me your agreement
You will have the opportunity to speak with me or send me emails with your specific concerns before I draft the letter to you. After you receive my physician contract review and compensation analysis, you will have the opportunity to discuss it with me, to make sure all of your concerns were met, and to correct any factual inaccuracies, or to point out things that were verbally promised but didn’t make it into the physician employment agreement. These discussions, and revisions of the letter following these discussions, are all included in the fixed fee.